7 Easy Steps for Student Government Fund Allocation
1) Go to http://www.emich.edu/studentgov
2) Click the tab titled “Business and Finance Committee” on the left hand side and read the information on the application process.
3) After the Business and Finance tab is clicked, a sub link appears underneath titled “Allocation Application”. This is the online part of the application which allows us to know that your organization is interested in funds.
4) Upon submission, the primary contacts listed from your organization will receive the paper application via email or by picking one up from the Student Government Office in room 342 of the Student Center. You will also schedule to meet with the Student Government Director of Organizational Relations for a mandatory application review.
5) Following the submission of a complete application, including invoices, the representative will be asked to present in front of the Business and Finance Committee, where their request may be approved up to $1000.00.
6) If the amount exceeds $1000.00, the representative will be asked to present at a Senate meeting the following week.
7) Receipts must be provided after the event in order for any funds to be transferred.
Applications must be submitted on the Tuesday one week prior to the next Business and Finance Committee meeting by 5pm.
The Business and Finance Committee Events and Funding Restrictions
Promotional Material: All promotional material for an event must include “Funded by Student Government” or the current, official Student Government Logo on said material. All advertisements must approved by the Director of Business and Finance before publication.
Food: Food may only be funded if supplied by University Catering and/or a committee approved vendor.
Prohibitions: The Business and Finance Committee will not fund the following:
Events not open to all currently enrolled students at Eastern Michigan University.
Events that discriminate against any group or individual.
Events that do not take place on campus, except conferences.
Speaker fees or honorariums.
Travel or hotel-related expenses.
Office equipment or supplies.
Avoidable interest fees.
Events where alcohol is supplied, served, or consumed by participants.
Events where the law is being broken.
Any damages that occur during an event.
Deposit on equipment of facilities.
Prizes, gifts, or awards.
Any political or ideological activities, events, publications, or advocacy.
Any payment to a member of the organization for services provided.
Prior to allocation approval contact:
Director of Organizational Relations
After allocation has been approve contact:
Chair of Business and Finance